These compost loos are known as 'urine seperating composting toilets'. So everyone sits down to use them, boys and girls. This enables the seperation of liquid waste from solid waste. This stops all the nasty smells associated with compost loos and they really do work. Its a simple design. Under the seat is a large 60 ltr container, into which you sprinkle a large scoop of sawdust, then its ready to use. When the container is full, you simple remove the lid of the loo, lift out the container and replace with a new one. The full container is then put in a corner somewhere to allow it to decompose. After a certain length of time(see our faqs page) the compost as it now is can be used on your garden.
You have two choices to dispose of the urine. You can either build a soakaway next to where the compost loo is going to be sited or you can have the outlet pipe going into a container. This way you can then water the contents down - 8 parts water to 1 part urine - and use it on your compost heap to help speed up the decomposition of your ordinary garden waste. It also acts as a general fertiliser.
Our loos come complete, delivered to you on a pallet, ready to unload and use.
They have as standard:
- Timber cubicle made from quality FSC redwood tongue and groove timber, treated with an oil based preservative to the exterior.
- The urine seperating loo seat built into a timber framed box complete with container for solid waste and one spare container with sealable lid.
- The pipework already installed for the liquid waste and collection container.
- Vinyl flooring.
- Laminated instruction sheet.
- A battery operated LED light.
- A sliding bolt lock.
- A sawdust bin and scoop.
- And even a loo roll holder.
or you can collect from us.